Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Look Ma, no training wheels

So this week Kiley and I ventured out to attempt to ride her bike with no training wheels. We tried first in our driveway. A really short distance that I thought might be far for starting out. To my surprise she rode the distance without any help and with no falls. We were so excited!!!


This journey started about the time she was going to do her first tri. I wanted to see if we could get her started on the bike rides without training wheels. It was more for me than her at that point. I knew she could do it but she wasn't ready and I didn't want to force something that often happens by itself. 

So we hadn't really tried again since. She's been riding her scooter to school and I suspect the balance required for her scooter helped her move to the bike more easily.

This Christmas she said she wanted a new bike. We had already been thinking about it since the summer and considered it for her birthday but her focus was on other things. So we are very excited to have her new bike hidden in Jake's closet. 

I went to pick it up a couple of days ago and when they rolled it out I almost cried. Sad but true. One, because I wouldn't have to put it together and two, I was really excited for this stage in Kiley's life (and ours). 

I can't wait for Christmas morning. I'm sure we'll be out on the road bright and early. :)


Getting ready for Christmas morning by making sure she can ride without training wheels. As you can see she has outgrown her current bike. 

1 comment:

mexi-brits said...

Very sweet story Marty. What a journey it has been. So proud of lil kiley. Hi-5 her for me. Love y'all and merry Christmas